This journal is now friends-only.
For the time being, I will not be adding new friends unless you are a friend of a friend or I otherwise "know you" from somewhere; if you are, please comment to be added.
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast.
1/4 cup pickle juice (sour dill is my favorite).
1/4 cup milk.
1/2 cup flour.
1 tablespoon powdered sugar.
1/2 teaspoon paprika.
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
1/4 teaspoon celery salt.
1/4 teaspoon dried basil.
Optional: up to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper for a spicy sandwich.
Oil for frying (about a cup).
This entry also posted at http://ceilidh.dreamwidth.org/1179319.h
(I'm not posting everything here yet, just what I feel are some of the better parts. I'll eventually put it all on Ao3, if I finish it.)
( I wasn't expecting to have a kid with you.Collapse )
This entry also posted at http://ceilidh.dreamwidth.org/1155434.h
( He's not going to hate you for giving him a better life and trying to make him feel safe and happy.Collapse )
This entry also posted at http://ceilidh.dreamwidth.org/1154193.h
Have a little bit. This part is about 1500 words.
( Why do I get the feeling you know exactly why this kid thinks I'm his dad?Collapse )
This entry also posted at http://ceilidh.dreamwidth.org/1151248.h
- Current Mood: productive
HERE is a thread linking to a post by a Russian LJ designer where he talks about some of the "brilliant" changes he's come up with which include:
* no more subject lines in comments (but you might get to keep them for a while for "certain" communities or using some S2 custom comment pages [ugh])
HERE is a comment in the latest news post from someone who is beta testing the changes, out of curiosity, and they note that this new style also:
* removes "expand all" from comments. You have to click a box (or more than one box) and then get the "expand" option.
* is significantly slower because of some animations and scripts that are added to the commenting process (first has a comment about it not being slow, and then the end of the comment says that the comment pages DO load slower)
* has NO reply preview or spell check button
and another comment which says that the new style has:
* no more dropdown menu for user icons; BROWSE function only
I don't know how much LJ even cares, but if any of those things are a problem for you, I suggest leaving a comment on the news post HERE.
It's not a long list.
1. Season 3 of Sanctuary on DVD or Blu-Ray (because I looove the ridiculous commentaries). (and I'd like to hear about a Season 5, get on that Syfy!)
2. An iPad. Very few of my classes are going to have textbooks, there's mostly lots of readings online, and I don't to print all those out and waste all that paper. It would make studying so much easier. (and hey, I got all As this term, I think I deserve it!)
3. Donations to the Sloth Sanctuary in Costa Rica. I love these little guys. They just hang around minding their own business and not bothering anyone. Their habitats are being destroyed, they get injured or tortured by humans, and the Sloth Sanctuary is a safe haven for orphaned or injured sloths.
4. Not for me, but for my husband: a case of Cheerwine. Seriously. He loves that soda but we haven't been able to find it out here in Oregon. I think it's just a southern thing.
- Current Mood: indescribable
Which clearly means we need our own holiday fest! I'm trying to gauge interest, so, a poll:
I would be interested in a Sanctuary holiday fic fest:
I would prefer the following format:
I would prefer:
I would be willing to:
Feel free to put other suggestions, comments, questions below!
( cut for discussion of Monsoon, with mention of an unconfirmed spoiler for next week's episode with Tesla--said spoiler is at the end of the postCollapse )
- Current Mood: irritated
After the Storm (14257 words) by Callie
Fandom: Stargate SG-1
Warning: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill, Sam Carter/Pete Shanahan
Characters: Sam Carter, Jack O'Neill, Teal'c (SG-1), Daniel Jackson, Malek (SG-1), Pete Shanahan, Mark Carter
He doesn't call her and tell her he's making omelets with beer, they don't have stupid bets to see who can finish a crossword puzzle the fastest, he doesn't invite her to go fishing, and they rarely even end up in the commissary at the same time.
(set around the events of 8.18, "Threads".)
- Current Mood: accomplished
So I'm going to put some things on my journal and see if anyone's interested. This post is for quilts I've made. I'll put some other posts up for books, CDs and DVDs (I'm probably going to sell my box sets of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Sanctuary (blu-ray) and LOST (blu-ray) and a mostly-complete set of Discworld books. Potentially some of my husband's anime collection, if he'll part with it.
( quilts for sale.Collapse )
After we move, I can do a few quilts on commission, but I won't have time to do anything new until we get to Oregon. If you're interested, comment here or email [ ceilidh [at] livejournal] and we can discuss details.
I also have some projects that I've started and haven't finished, including 12 Dresden Plates (in green, red, tan, cream) and 6 Sunbonnet Sue blocks in various floral patterns. If interested in these to start your own projects, let me know and I'll put up pictures.